Thursday, October 26, 2006

Budget Fashion....Pleeeeze!

I love the magazine I receive on a monthly basis that is targeted at mid-life women. But, this month I found myself saying…pleeeeze! Am I the only woman out here who doesn’t consider that a “budget” outfit should cost $4,500! I don’t care if they are “investment pieces.” The next “budget” example was $1,400 for dress, shoes and bag? And, that is from consignment and resale stores. The budget part is that the original price would have been almost $5,000. The next example was $850 for dress, bag, and shoes which seems a little closer to reality for some, but not I suspect for many women.

As I scanned the rest of the pub, I was focused on the clothes being offered and yet again I found myself asking if the majority of American women would even be able to consider these options…$1,245 for a little black dress, shoes, clutch and necklace; $628 for dress and pumps; $1432 for dress, pumps and clutch; $400-500 for a sweater. And, the luxury segment winged into $6,500 for three pieces.

And remember, for most of these we’re talking dress, shoes, and bag. What about jewelry, underwear, hose/leggings, not to mention the additional expense of the beauty piece…beauty services (hair cut & color, facials, etc.), and products (make-up, and skincare)?

No wonder the show, "The Look for Less" is so popular. Now, we just need them to focus some of their segments on we 50+ women! I'd love to hear what other women think about all of this.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?