Thursday, June 22, 2006

Stretching: Uncomfortable Growth

Today, I thought about how often I tout the benefits of stretching…stretching one’s skills, learning new things, and getting way beyond the comfort zone. After some particularly challenging meetings, I had to laugh. Stretching may be good for you and keep those synapses snapping, but it certainly can be uncomfortable. Remember learning how to dance, or that foreign language class, giving your first presentation, or starting a business? Remember the stress associated and how good it felt when you mastered the challenge?

I don’t know about you, but as a 50+ I always feel as though I should have everything “handled.” Admitting that I don’t is humbling. However, I know that you can enrich your life dramatically by stepping beyond known boundaries which is just one of the things we’ll be addressing on www.50Fabulous.com, due to premier soon.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?